Tuesday, May 22, 2007

ESKY TRADED!

Breaking news as we are preparing our first ever podcast. Popular striker Alecko Eskandarian has been traded to Real Salt Lake along with a first round 2008 MLS SuperDraft pick in exchange for forward Jeff Cunningham.

I'm pretty torn about this. I was a big fan of Esky in his short time here in Toronto, he was one guy we could count on to give 120% on the pitch for us, and seemed to really want to help build the team. Right now I am shocked and frankly a little disappointed.

Now, we are getting in return the 4th leading scorer in MLS history, and a finalist for MLS MVP in 2006. This certainly makes us a better team, and I look forward to seeing Cunningham don our glorious red.

That said, I'm still a little sad about Esky leaving. He was just a very likable character.

Best of luck in Utah Esky, I for one will cheer for you when you return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who are these guys? Esky? Cunningham? Why wouldn't Toronto get some real soccer players... like Yildizdogan!